Lexus International introduces Volume Two of the global digital cookbook, Culinary Perspectives. The brand’s culinary partner chefs share enticing menus of robust dishes that have been enjoyed at recent Lexus events around the world.
Writer and editor Joshua David Stein is a James Beard Award-nominated author whose work has appeared in the Best American Food Writing, and a former restaurant critic for the Village Voice and New York Observer. He has been the editor-in-chief of Blackbook magazine and a senior editor at Departures, Eater and Black Ink magazines.
The cookbook’s foreword is by contributing writer Chef Nyesha J. Arrington, celebrated for her advocacy of recipes using farm fresh, local and responsibly sourced ingredients and whose culinary approach is inspired by diverse cultures, flavors and techniques from around the world. She reminds us of the deeper arc of culinary themes by celebrating amazing meals. Bringing joy to eating is rooted in the anticipation of one’s need and the hospitality ethos of the Lexus brand known as omotenashi.
“Culinary Perspectives enables Lexus to connect with our audience on a topic of deep personal interest to them. We hope our audience will embrace this opportunity to explore their own epicurean artisanship.” said Brian Bolain, General Manager, Lexus International.
Creating food and elevating it to culinary art is fundamentally human; a highly evolved level of craftsmanship and thoughtfully detailed execution are basic pillars of the Lexus brand. The ten recipes in this collection provide a menu for a multi-course meal across a range of difficulty levels that can be mastered by novice chefs or expert culinary architects in the comfort of their homes.
- Tuna Tartare by Chef Ricardo Sanz of “Kabuki,” Madrid.
- Heirloom Tomato Salad by Chef Nickolas Martinez of Intersect by Lexus, New York.
- Warm Lobster Taco with Yellow Salsa by Chef Dean Fearing at the Ritz-Carlton, Dallas.
- Cured Squid with Chicken and Caviar by Chef Sergio & Javier Torres of “Cocina Hermano Torres,” Barcelona.
- Chawanmushi with Truffle Oil by Chef Leonardo Jun Sakamoto of “Sakamoto” in Sao Paolo.
- Spicy Miso Salmon with Broccoli Rice by Chef Reuben Riffel of “Reuben’s” in Johannesburg.
- Chilled Dandan Udon Noodles by Chef Matsuo Nagasaka of “Azabu Choukou,” Tokyo.
- Young Goose with Sauerkraut by Chef Zdenek Pohlreich of “NextDoor by Imperial,” “Divinis Praha” and “Café Imperial” in Prague.
- Halo Halo My Way by Chef Mark Singson of “Boneta” and “AnnaLena” in Vancouver and “Vue de monde” and “Saint Crispin” in Melbourne.
- Chocolate Tart by Chef Emily Roux of “Caractere” in Notting Hill.
Download the full recipe book here: lexus-culinary-perspectives-vol2-small
ABOUT LEXUS CREATES
The Lexus Creates initiative is a new content series from the luxury marque. This social-media driven program engages participants in activities that both inform and delight, with subjects related to the Lexus brand hallmarks of design and craftsmanship. This is accomplished with the help of a range of partners who, through their unique talents, inspire participants to create, while also elevating the value of their craft.