Subscribe to the luxe life by signing up for our monthly newsletter below and you could win a midweek two-night stay for two at the five-star Turbine Boutique Hotel and Spa in Knysna.
About the prize: Experience a piece of history
One of the finest Knysna hotels, the 5-star Turbine Boutique Hotel and Spa is a must-visit for lovers of luxury, history and art. Located on Thesen Islands, this unique establishment with its distinctive architecture pays homage to the old power station it once was. All the old machinery that was used in the power station has been lovingly restored and forms an integral part of the hotel’s aesthetics. Soak up its fascinating history as you walk past massive turbines on the balcony and marvel at the intriguing steel pillars and pipes that form part of the hotel’s decor.
Playful, arty interiors
The industrial backdrop of bare bricks and huge whitewashed walls are softened by a sense of playfulness in the decor. The machinery and pipes are painted in vivid red, blue, green and orange, matched by dining chairs in a variety of bold colours. All sorts of unusual instruments and contraptions are dotted around the hotel and will keep engineers, scientists and curious visitors fascinated for hours. Artworks by some of South Africa’s best fine artists decorate the walls and are also available for purchase if one (or two!) take your fancy!
Luxury on tap
With its exceptional cuisine and stunning views, the hotel has become an iconic part of the Knysna scene. Accommodation comprises 26 rooms — luxury and standard rooms, a honeymoon suite and two expansive self-contained suites adjacent to the hotel, all with luxurious amenities such as a flat-screen TV, Wi-Fi, a fully stocked mini-bar, and a tea and coffee station. A generator means that the power’s always on!
You don’t even have to leave the hotel to enjoy the exquisite Knysna landscape. The Turbine’s 90-seater Island Café Restaurant, which offers breakfast, lunch and dinner, has outside tables overlooking the canal and pool deck, or you can enjoy an industrial vibe inside, with tables nestled between the original turbines. The venue also offers monthly food and wine pairings.
The Gastro Pub serves classic pub meals with a delicious turbine twist and gets festive every Friday with live music.
Something for everyone
Whether you’re in need of pampering or adventure, the hotel has something for you. The Turbine Spa, one of the finest on the Garden Route, has a wide range of body and beauty treatments for men and women, from massages to facials and a Rhassoul Steam Room.
And if excitement is what you’re after, the hotel’s own adventure centre, the Turbine Water Club offers a variety of water and land-based excursions providing guests with the best of Knysna’s activities: fishing charters, whale watching, and two firm guest favourites, kayaking and sunset cruises, as well as guided tours into the ancient Knysna Forest, and bicycle hire.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- To enter, simply opt in to receive newsletters from Lexus Life via the form above. Existing subscribers are automatically entered.
- This competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa only.
- The prize is non-transferable and may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash.
- Lexus SA’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Toyota reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without prior notice. An entrant shall be deemed to have notice of any such amendments or interpretations upon publication of the same on the website page and shall be deemed to have accepted such amendments or interpretations by virtue of his/her continued participation in the promotion.
- Employees of Toyota and Lexus, Dentsu Creative, John Brown Media or its agencies are not eligible to enter the competition.
- No liability shall attach to Toyota or the Promoter in relation to any claims, losses or liabilities for any loss of profit or any other direct and/or indirect, special or consequential loss arising out of any of the prizes.
- The prize is a complimentary two-midweek-night stay for two adults sharing, on a bed and breakfast basis. It is valid until 30 September 2023. This excludes school holidays. Travel arrangements, activities and meals not specified are excluded. Bookings subject to availability.
- The competition closes at noon on 14 July 2023.
- The winner will be chosen using a random number generator on 14 July . Any subscribers who sign up after this date will not be eligible for the prize.
- The winner will be contacted by email on 17 July 2023. Should you [the winner] not respond and accept the prize within 5 working days, they will forfeit the prize and another winner will be randomly selected.
- The winner will be announced on social media.